Mobilink has partnered with Pepsi to launch new kind of vending machines, which will allow Mobilink users to get their desired drinks from the machine while paying through their available mobile balance. How does it sound? Interesting enough, isn’t it?
Here is how they are doing this:
Customer sends a blank SMS to a short-code, which in return sends a unique PIN code to be entered into the vending machine. After authorization the machine will get you the desired drink while money from your Mobilink balance will get deducted.
Mobilink has started to deploy such vending machines in Lahore and Islamabad, mainly in the universities. But we believe the idea can replicated at various other locations and for other consumer products as well.
Paying through Mobile Balance can altogether become a new payment channel for variety of things, ranging from Cinema tickets to website hosting payments.
How To Use This Service
Send a Blank SMS to the following short codes for your desired drink:
- Pepsi: 7054
- Aquafina: 7055
- Sting Bottle: 7056
By sending a blank SMS to any of above short-code, user will get a 7 digit PIN code through SMS. Enter this PIN code into Machine to get your desired drink.
Following are the prices that will be deducted from your mobile balane:
- Pepsi: Rs. 35
- Aquafina: Rs. 25
- Sting Bottle: Rs. 55
There are no additional charges for the service. You will be charged price of the product only with no taxes involved.
- This service is available for Mobilink prepaid and postpaid customers
- A user cannot vend more than 5 drinks in a day
- All complaints/Queries will be entertained by the Pepsi vending machine helpline: 051-2256166
- Machine will not dispense the drink if it is switched off or if the keyboard is not responding
- Do not press the vending selection button if red light is on. It means that the product is out of stock